Today is Day 17 of Happiness Month and it will be continuing all month long. This all started at the Secret Society of Happy People and if you want to pop over there and become an Amused Member, you can get a Free 31 Types of Happiness poster. As you can tell by my daily #HappinessHappens tweets and Facebook posts, I’ve been a member for a long, long time!
Today, to add happiness to your life: Humor! Knock, knock. Who’s there? The Three Stooges. Will Farrel. Venture Brothers. Monty Python. Humor can come in many shapes and sizes, but today take time to laugh until you fall off your chair and roll on the floor laughing! The word “humor” can be a noun–a word that names things– or a verb, but today we’ll be concentrating on the noun definition. As a noun, “humor” means:
- The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness.
- That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement.
- The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.
- A person’s characteristic disposition or temperament.
- An often temporary state of mind; a mood: I’m in no humor to argue.
- A sudden, unanticipated whim–capricious or peculiar behavior.
(Will Ferrell All Busted Up Over Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson)
Over the next days, we’ll be going over all 31 ways to Add Happiness Every Day. You know too often I hear young people say “He doesn’t make me happy” or “I wish she would make me happy” but you know what? Happiness is not something that someone else “makes” you feel. You make choices in your life that can affect your happiness….and ultimately you CHOOSE whether to be happy every day or not. You can also choose to do things that would add happiness to your life every single today.