Today is Day 18 of Happiness Month and it will be continuing all month long. This all started at the Secret Society of Happy People and if you want to pop over there and become an Amused Member, you can get a Free 31 Types of Happiness poster. As you can tell by my daily #HappinessHappens tweets and Facebook posts, I’ve been a member for a long, long time!
Today, to add happiness to your life: Inspiration! Not all happiness is giddy bubbliness. Sometimes it’s being inspired by a good quote or a bible verse! The word “inspiration” is a noun and it means:
- The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative–for example: “flashes of inspiration“
- The quality of having been so stimulated, especially when evident in something–for example: “a moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display“.
As we’ve been going over the 31 different ways of adding happiness to our lives every day this month, I’ve been noticing that often happiness has to do with our state of mind, our attitude, or a personality quality. So the way to add more happiness to your life right now, today, even in the midst of infidelity, has to do with your MIND and becoming the “kind of person” who is inspired. Since today’s way to add happiness is to be inspired, let me use the ultimate inspiration, God’s Word, to remind you about what Love Is:
Over the next days, we’ll be going over all 31 ways to Add Happiness Every Day. You know too often I hear young people say “He doesn’t make me happy” or “I wish she would make me happy” but you know what? Happiness is not something that someone else “makes” you feel. You make choices in your life that can affect your happiness….and ultimately you CHOOSE whether to be happy every day or not. You can also choose to do things that would add happiness to your life every single today.
Today is also Save Our Marriage Saturday.
We have a tradition here at Affaircare. We call it “Save Our Marriage Saturday”–and we’re sharing the love. Link-love that is! Every Saturday we hold a link-up party so you can share a post of your own and we can all help each other to save our marriages!
1. Please link to your actual “Save Our Marriage Saturday” post, not just the address to your blog or site home page.
2. Please leave me a comment–I would love to visit your site, return the favor, and follow you!
3. Please share the love with your fellow bloggers–Read and leave a comment on at least the two blogs above yours.
4. Please help me spread the word. Let’s create a community of Christian believers who want to bring glory to God by teaching our brothers and sisters about how to have a godly marriage, how to avoid the typical traps that lead to infidelity, and how to be a living testimony of forgiveness and reconciliation if one spouse is unfaithful.
5. Link back to this community, either by using the button below or a text link. You can find the button code here for you to insert in your post:
I LINK TO THESE GODLY LINK-UPS:
Beholding Glory’s Blog Hop List, No Ordinary Blog Hop: Family-Parenting-Marriage , The Alabaster Jar-Marital Oneness Mondays, Time-Warp Wife-Titus 2sdays, …to Love, Honor and Vacuum–Wifey Wednesdays, Grace Alone/Women Taking a Stand–Thankful Thursdays, and Beholding Glory–Faith Filled Fridays.