We are continuing our month-long “Back to School–Back to Basics” series and this week we’ll be going over the seven Love Kindlers. To understand what a Love Kindler is, you could read the Basic Concepts article to get a more indepth explanation. Briefly, to help you envision the idea, think of your marriage like a campfire. There are actions that can quench the fire of love, and those actions are Love Extinguishers. BUT there are also actions that stoke the fire of love and make it hotter–those are Love Kindlers. When you make the decision to love, you choose to act in a way that is likely to kindle feelings of interest and passion; so you decide to act in a Love Kindling way.
Today the third Love Kindler to stoke the blaze of passion and love in your marriage today is: Social Commitment! Security commitment is meeting your spouse’s needs such as:
- Supporting your spouse in times of crisis
- Turning to your spouse when you have a crisis
- Standing by your spouse
- Being loyal and committed to the marriage first
- Presenting a united front
- Making sure the relationship is secure
- Being “a soft place” for your spouse to fall–a safe haven
Over this month, we will be going “Back to School” by going over all our Basic Concepts. This week we will examine the Love Kindlers–next week the Love Extinguishers. During the third week of September we’ll look at the Seven Steps to End an Affair, and for the last week of the month, we’ll review the Seven Steps to Rebuilding After an Affair. We hope you’ll join us on this journey to get “Back to the Basics”!!
Today is also Save Our Marriage Saturday.
We have a tradition here at Affaircare. We call it “Save Our Marriage Saturday”–and we’re sharing the love. Link-love that is! Every Saturday we hold a link-up party so you can share a post of your own and we can all help each other to save our marriages!
1. Please link to your actual “Save Our Marriage Saturday” post, not just the address to your blog or site home page.
2. Please leave me a comment–I would love to visit your site, return the favor, and follow you!
3. Please share the love with your fellow bloggers–Read and leave a comment on at least the two blogs above yours.
4. Please help me spread the word. Let’s create a community of Christian believers who want to bring glory to God by teaching our brothers and sisters about how to have a godly marriage, how to avoid the typical traps that lead to infidelity, and how to be a living testimony of forgiveness and reconciliation if one spouse is unfaithful.
5. Link back to this community, either by using the button below or a text link. You can find the button code here for you to insert in your post:
I LINK TO THESE GODLY LINK-UPS:
Beholding Glory’s Blog Hop List, No Ordinary Blog Hop: Family-Parenting-Marriage, The Alabaster Jar-Marital Oneness Mondays, Revive Your Marriage Mondays, Time-Warp Wife-Titus 2sdays, …to Love, Honor and Vacuum–Wifey Wednesdays, Unveiled Wives Wednesdays, Grace Alone/Women Taking a Stand–Thankful Thursdays, and Beholding Glory–Faith Filled Fridays.
- Back to Basics – Love Kindlers #6 Social Commitment (affaircare.com)
- Back to Basics – Love Kindlers #5 Family Commitment (affaircare.com)
- Back to Basics – Love Kindlers #4 Financial Commitment (affaircare.com)
- Save Our Marriage Saturday 9/1 (affaircare.com)