We make our money through online advertising – which makes this site free for you to use. We’re not trying to pull a fast one or rip you off, but we do need to pay all of the talented people who work on this site, so we’ve adopted an advertising policy that works best for us and for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) We will not sell your personal details to a third party – advertisers on our site may have access to your behavior via cookies, but not your data.
2) We will not take any ads that encourage or minimize affairs or dating while married. Period. That’s reasonable right?
3) We won’t behaviorally target anything that might embarrass you, but we do follow which pages get clicks, get the most traffic and that kind of thing.
4) We reserve the right to choose our advertisers and we consider them partners, therefore if you have a complaint about an ad for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know and we will do what we can about it – it’s not in our interests to displease our readers.
5) We do not allow auto-initiated sound – that means ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page loads. If you see an ad which does this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible.
6) We do not allow ads which make you download anything (especially viruses!), or which break the site in anyway. If you see an ad which does this, please contact us at email@example.com and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible.
7) If you see something you like advertised on our site, why not click the ad and buy it here? If you like our site, even if we don’t make money directly from the sale (not all adverts work that way) then it may at least make the advertiser like us more, and therefore spend more with us. And of course more money for us, means a better site for you. If you like your local shop more than your local supermarket, you may go there more to support them, and this is no different to that.
We’re not trying to trick you into buying things you don’t want or need, we’re just making you aware of the dynamic you are already involved in, so that you can consciously take part. Advertising is part of keeping the internet free, so working together we hope we can make it a more reasonable payment system for everyone.